I know that technically I missed the deadline for this today, but I was absolutely buried with obligations and homework this weekend. This was literally my first chance to write anything for my poor, neglected blog. But since it is still November 8th in the Mountain and Pacific time zones, I say it counts!
This week I am thankful for the following:
1. My church. Journey’s Crossing has been the greatest source of fellowship, growth, and blessing to me as a Christian. Words cannot even convey how much I will miss the weekly services, but more importantly, the amazing friendships I have made!
2. My newest small group. This ties in with #1, but Daniel & Vicki, thank you! Your group is making me get back in the WORD and really study, study, study. It goes beyond just daily reading time with God, which I cherish, but this group is really getting down and dirty with what the Bible really says. 🙂
3. New math curriculum. The new math textbooks arrived on Saturday and I was so deliriously happy to poor over them and sniff the new paper smell. (I never said I wasn’t weird, ok?)
4. My mother-in-law. Saturday was her birthday and I am so glad that she is in my life and that I have been able to get to know her better than I thought possible over the last seven years.
5. My health. I have a few odd things to get checked out in the coming weeks, but overall I am very healthy and strong. I need to remember not to take that for granted.
So, readers, what are you thankful for this week?