I have been working on a pretty simple (but very delicious) soup recipe for a while now. It’s a healthy, super-food-packed soup that is an E meal, if you are a Trim Healthy Mama. If you are just health conscious, it’s good for everyone!
The cast of characters:
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 small onions
- 1.5 cups of chopped carrots
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans (probably two cans if you buy canned beans
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 cups of broth (I used a mix of homemade and store bought)
- seasonings to taste (sea salt, pepper, chopped garlic, paprika, chili powder, fresh oregano, rosemary, and basil
- 2 cups of kale (just before serving ONLY)
I used my food processor to chop the carrots and onion. Throw all of the ingredients except the kale into a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let simmer for at least one hour, but I prefer two. I enjoy the flavors having a chance to really meld. Stir occasionally. Five minutes before serving, add the kale. Serve nice and hot with a side salad.
For a printable PDF, click the image below. 🙂